Curasept Biosmalto different and specfic formulas for every life stage and need
7 YEARS of research conducted in collaboration with prestigious partners, such as ISTEC-CNR, KALICHEM, BETAFARMA, CSIC Spain.
A team of RESEARCHERS unique in the world, a HUGE FINANCIAL EFFORT, numerous CONFIRMATORY CLINICAL TESTS, are the guarantee of a project that has led us to identify
3 innovative FUNCTIONAL SUBSTANCES based on biomimetic, biocompatible and bioactive materials that promote the remineralisation of enamel and dentine.
The functional substances contained in Curasept Biosmalto have chemical, physical, morphological, and mechanical properties similar to the naturally occurring biological structures (enamel and dentine). In a physiological environment, these substances can stimulate processes, such as remineralisation, that are similar to those occurring in the presence of a natural biological tissue.
Curasept Biosmalto is used for a specific biomedical application without causing toxic effects on the biological system.
Curasept Biosmalto is capable of interacting chemically with dental hard tissues, by depositing a new mineral phase in continuity with the existing one.
Mixture of biomimetic HYDROXYAPATITES:
- Partially Magnesium-, Strontium-, Carbonate-substituted Hydroxyapatite CONJUGATED WITH CHITOSAN.
- Partially Fluoride-substituted Hydroxyapatite.
Chitosan affinity with enamel facilitates the release of active ions directly to the surfaces of the teeth.
CARBONATE can make active ions bioavailable.
MAGNESIUM promotes nucleation.
STRONTIUM stabilises the newly-formed mineral phase.
CHITOSAN prolongs the release of the active components.
FLUORIDE strengthens the newly-formed mineral phase.
The two functional substances contained both in toothpastes and mouthwashes induce the formation of a NEW MINERAL PHASE THAT IS MORE RESISTANT to acid attacks and mechanical insults.
Therefore, their application increases resistance to caries, inhibits bacterial plaque formation, stimulates the remineralisation of enamel and dentine, protects from acid erosion, and relieves the symptoms of dentine sensitivity, also thanks to the presence of strontium salts.
Amorphous Calcium Phosphate (ACP) phase functionalised with Fluoride and Carbonate, coated with Citrate.
Amorphous Calcium Phosphate (ACP) is a non-crystalline, highly reactive material THAT IS RAPIDLY CONVERTED into hydroxyapatite: it is the natural precursor of enamel and dentine.
CITRATE covers F-ACP particles externally, stabilises the complex, and makes it more biomimetic. Citrate is useful as a buffer system to adjust acidity and neutralise the pH of a solution. That is why it also neutralises acids produced by dental plaque. During demineralisation, i.e. when there is altered acidity produced by plaque bacteria in the oral cavity, citrate restores the conditions needed to reverse the process.
CARBONATE increases the complex solubility and the bioavailability of the active ions: Calcium, Phosphate and Fluoride.
FLUORIDE is present in free form within the complex. It contributes to the formation of Fluorapatite.
The formulation is water-free in order to prevent the transformation of the amorphous phase into an inactive crystal phase.
When it is in contact with the oral environment, in particular with saliva, the F-ACP COMPLEX particle dissolves IMMEDIATELY. There follows a RAPID release of the active ions selectively at the level of the dentine and enamel lesions, where they act by forming a new mineral phase that is more resistant than the natural phase (remineralisation). Due to their reduced size, the particles can also penetrate into the dentinal tubules, with a RAPID DESENSITISING EFFECT.
Curasept Biosmalto Caries, Abrasion & Erosion Line
Biosmalto Caries, Abrastion & Erosion Lines strongly acts on abrasion and erosion damage and creates a new, more resitant mineral phase.
If Caries, Abrastion & Erosion are caused by:
- High carioreceptivity.
- Hyposalivation or xerostomia.
- Erosion and abrasion.
- Gastroesophageal reflux.
- White Spots.
- Orthodontic treatments.
- Medical or pharmacological conditions such as therapy with antihypertensives, immunosuppressants, antidepressants, benzodiazepines, antihistamines, analgesics, diabetes, Sjogren’s syndrome, radiation and chemotherapy.
How Biosmalto Caries, Abrasion & Erosion Line Solves the Problem
- The functional substances contained in Biosmalto interact with enamel and dentine and promote their repair and remineralisation.
- Helps protect the patient from recurrences, by inhibiting plaque proliferation on dental materials after conservative and prosthetic procedures.
- Two dedicated lines – Professional Care and Home Care – for the control of demineralisation.
- The Impact Action Mousse exerts a reinforcing and remineralising effect by releasing Calcium and Fluoride Ions to the enamel lesions.
- The synergistic and prolonged use of Mouthwash, Toothpaste and Toothbrush helps protect hard tissues, also in the presence of strong risk factors for caries.
- An excellent tool for controlling the demineralisation process that occurs during orthodontic treatments.
- A complete product line that meets the specific needs of different age groups.
Curasept Biosmalto Sensitive Teeth Line
Biosmalto Sensitive Teeth Line creates a new mineral phase that is more resistant to acid attacks. Rapidly reduces sensitivity thanks to the presence of strontium salts.
If sensitivity is caused by:
- Scaling or tartar removal
- Root planing
- Teeth whitening
- Erosion and abrasion
- Gum recession
How Biosmalto Sensitive Teeth Line Solves the Problem
- Rapidly and dramatically reduces dentine sensitivity.
- Seals the dentinal tubules that are responsible for sensitivity, by forming a thick and homogeneous mineral phase.
- Maintains its activity over time, because remineralised hard tissues are more resistant to chemical erosion and mechanical abrasion.
- Two dedicated lines – Professional Care and Home Care – for the treatment of dentine sensitivity, of intense and disturbing to moderate severity.
- The Impact Action Mousse exerts a reinforcing and remineralising effect by releasing Calcium and Fluoride Ions. The presence of Strontium chloride enhances the desensitising activity.
- The synergistic and prolonged use of Toothpaste and Mouthwash protects the teeth from acid erosion, abrasion and recurrent sensitivity.
- An excellent tool to aid dentists and dental hygienists in treating sensitivity that can also develop after teeth whitening, scaling, root planing, and tartar removal.